Waterguard+ use Sensor Tape and/or Wireless Sensors for leakage detection. A functional system must have minimum one sensor connected. Linkbox+ and Abralife app will alert if no sensor is connected.
This article covers how to physically install the sensors. For information on recommended locations and configurations, see specific solution descriptions under Waterguard+ installation solutions.
- Sensor tape w/Jack can be connected to Linkbox+ or Wireless Sensors (requires Sensor Bracket or Sensor Docking) by mating the male and female Jack connectors.
- The Sensor Tape is self-adhesive. Before installation, remove the protective paper on the bottom side of the Sensor Tape. Attach the Sensor Tape to a clean and dry location on the floor that may accumulate water in case of a leakage. The Sensor Tape may also be attached to water pipelines.
- NB! Make sure the sensor points on the sensor tape is not folded or in touch with each other (or with other conductive material) as this might cause false alarms.
- The standard Sensor Tape is 3 meter. It can be cut to the desired lenght (cut between sensor points)
- The Sensor Tape can be extended or split (total 6 meter). Se the sections below for details.
Always fold the sensor tape between two sensorpoints. Folding a sensor point may lead to short circuit which again may cause false leakage alarms.
If you need to cut the sensor tape, always cut between two sensor points. Cutting a sensor point may increase the risk of short circuits, causing false leakage alarms.
Sensor Tape Extension Connector
The included Sensor Tape (3 m) can be extended to a total of 6 meters by use of the Sensor Tape Extension Connector in combination with Sensor Tape w/o Jack. Sensor Tape is pushed in from each side of the joint.
ATTENTION! When using the extension connector, always test the Sensor Tape on both sides of the connector to ensure proper connections.
For installation of two Sensor Tape w/Jack, use the Sensor Tape Splitter. The splitter is connected to the Linkbox+ or Watersensor+ bracket. 2 Sensor Tapes are connected and fixed to the surface in the desired directions.
ATTENTION! When using a splitter, always test both Sensor Tapes to ensure proper connections.
Wireless sensors (Watersensor+)
For pairing wireless sensors, see next chapter.
Up to 50 Watersensor+ can be connected to one Linkbox+.
For additional details, see Watersensor+ manual.
A 3V Coin cell CR2477 battery comes with the sensor and must be installed before the sensor can be connected to the system. If the battery is surrounded with a plastic protection, remove this before inserting it in the sensor. The battery cover has a protective sealing (to prevent water intrusion) and may be hard to open. If you're not able to open it with your fingers, use a suitable tool. Follow the steps below:
Using Watersensor+ without a bracket
Watersensor+ can be used without bracket. The sensor is placed freely anywhere you want to monitor water leakage, temperature or moisture. The battery (CR2477) will power the sensor for 5 years+.
NB! If sensor is placed freely, measures should be taken to reduce the risk of unintentional displacement (e.g. during house cleaning) as this could affect the leakage protection coverage.
Installing Watersensor+ with mounting bracket
- Install the Watersensor+ Mounting Bracket on the floor or wall using either a) a center-mounted screw (not included with the product) or b) the included dual-sided tape.
- Align the indicator line on the sensor with the indicator line on bracket and install the sensor into bracket.
- Turn sensor in a clockwise (CW) direction until an audible "CLICK" is heard and tactile feedback is felt. Make sure indicator lines for the CLOSED position are aligned.
Connecting Sensor Tape w/Jack to bracket (optional)
- Align with right connector orifice.
- Push connector until reaching a firm end stop.
OBS! The bracket is designed to seal towards the male connector end and requires higher than normal force to install the 3.5 mm Jack connector.
Connecting 5V DC Power Adapter to bracket (Optional)
- Align with left connector orifice.
OBS! The power cable is designed to avoid using the wrong power supply or installation into the sensor tape connector and requires alignment of the male and female key shapes.
Push connector until reaching a firm end stop.
OBS! The bracket is designed to seal towards the male connector end and requires higher than normal force to install the DC barrel jack.
Installing Watersensor+ in wallbox with docking
Watersensor+ can be installed in a wallbox and connected to power by using the Watersensor+ Docking. The product will be available for ordering during 2023.
NB! Fixed power installations must only be done by an authorized electrician.
1. Install single size wall box according to manufacturers specification (compatibility with Elko and Schneider standard wall boxes guaranteed) and run 230V AC power supply cables to the box.
2. Install power cable (230V AC) to docking connectors. Polarity is described on the product label.
3. Install the docking to the screws on the single wall box, align the docking and tighten the screws with a Phillips screwdriver.
4. Insert Sensor Tape w/o Jack to docking. Ensure that the cutout on the cable is installed onto the security pin on the docking.
5. Align the indicator line on the sensor with the indicator line on the docking and push it into the docking.
6. Turn the sensor in a clockwise (CW) direction until an audible "CLICK" is heard and tactile feedback is felt. Make sure indicator lines for the CLOSED position are aligned.
7. Install frame onto the docking. The ELKO Smart single frame is also compatible with the docking. You will sense a tactile feedback when frame is properly seated on the Docking.
8. Install the protective cover for the sensor. You will sense a tactile feedback when cover is properly seated on the docking.
OBS! Orient the protective cover to align cutout with button and LED.
9. When properly installed, the sensor LED should be visible from the cutout of the protective cover.