To activate the system (meaning connecting the system to the Abra Cloud Service) is an important part of the system installation and should be done by the installer during product installation in a home or building. A system should be activated even though the home owner do not plan to use the Abralife app. See chapter 10 in the installation and user manual for details
Why should the system be activated?
- An activated system is automatically updated with the latest software (OTA)
- An activates system is monitored and provides diagnostics data to us, which again ensures continuous product improvements and development.
- An activated system is given extended warranty
- An activated system offers information and insight to our support team. This result in more efficient and precise customer support if requested by the installer or the home owner.
- An activated system makes it easier for the home owner to set up his or her home in the Abralife app.
PS! If the system is not activated by the installer during installation, the home owner can do this later. But that requires the home owner to activate the Abralife app and set up a home and connect the system.
Why should the installer encourage the home owner to use the Abralife app?
- The app notifies the home owner/members or other contacts if a leakage alarm sets off, no matter if you are home or out.
- The app enables the users to collect status and data about the system and the home. For example if the water supply is open or closed, temperature and humidity
- The app lets you control the water supply whenever you want and whereever you are
- The app provides easy access for the home owner to support services, both selfservice articles and direct contact to customer support (e.g. chat). This reduces the support- and service requests directly to the installer.
- The app shows power prices, and the power consumption of the home (if connected to Elhub)
- The app lets you connect and control other smart devices in your home, such as smoke detectors, door locks, lights, thermostats, chargers and much more. See www.abralife.no for more information