Normal system operation
Open and close the water supply without using Abralife app
To OPEN or CLOSE the water supply, press and hold the button in the center of the Abra Linkbox+ for 3 seconds, then release. The Abra Linkbox+ will provide a single "BEEP" when initiating OPEN or CLOSE cycle. The cycle takes approx. 5 seconds.
Water droplet symbol (LED) lights GREEN = the valve is OPEN
Water droplet symbol (LED) lights RED = the valve is CLOSED
Controlling the Waterguard+ system via the Abralife application
The Abralife application provides a comprehensive interface to control the Waterguard+ system, among others:
- OPEN or CLOSE the water supply (se screenshots below)
- See the status of the water supply (OPEN or CLOSED) and connected Watersensor+ units.
- See the location of water leakage (provided that the Watersensor+ location is registered)
- Receive alarm and tamper notifications
- Silence alarms and notifications
- System health monitoring
A full Abralife user manual is available via https://support.abralife.com.
Screenshots from Abralife
In case of a water leakage alarm
If a water leakage is detected, the system will automatically close the water supply and alert with sound and light (and push notification in Abralife). Follow these steps to reset the system:
- To silence the alarm, short-click the center button of the Linkbox+ (< 1 second). The valve will remain closed. It is also possible to silence the alarm from the Abralife app.
NOTE: The audible water alarm signal will be snoozed for 60 minutes. If water is still present after 60 minutes, or a new water leak is detected, the alarm will be re-initiated.
- Locate and fix the source of water leakage and dry off any wet sensors (Sensor tape or wireless sensors). If the leakage is caused by broken water pipes or pipe connections, contact your local plumber for assistance. Do not continue until you are sure the source of the leakage is fixed and any water spill is dried up.
- Press and hold the Linkbox-button for 3 seconds to reset the system and OPEN the water supply. You may also open the water supply from the Abralife app.
Alarm and water leakage detection override
Press and hold the center button on the Abra Linkbox+ for > 10 seconds to override ongoing water alarms and OPEN the water supply.
Please note that the system will NOT close when detecting water leakages when the system is in override mode.
Loss of power
In the event of a power failure, a ball valve will keep its current position.
The behavior of magnetic solenoid valves may vary depending on its properties (A Normally Open (NO) valve will remain open in case of power loss while a Normally Closed (NC) valve will be closed). Consult your owner manual to verify the valve type.
Watersensor+ low battery warning
When the battery in the wireless sensor is low and needs to be replaced, the system will notify the user on the sensor and in the Abralife application. See the maintenance section below for instructions on how to change batteries.
Tamper or fault detection - Loss of contact with water detection sensor(s)
In the event of loss of contact between the Linkbox+ and any installed or paired water detection sensor (Sensor Tape or Watersensor+), the Linkbox+ will provide a signal (light/sound). If the Abralife app is used, all users (system owner, household members and guests) will receive a push-notification and SMS.
NOTE: Damage to the Sensor Tape itself is NOT detected, and will not result in a tamper or fault detection.
If the contact to any missing sensors is not restored within 24 hours, the water supply will shut OFF and a new push-notification and SMS is sent out.
To RESET the water supply, any missing Watersensor+ units must be dried and reconnected to the Abra Linkbox+, either physically or by wireless communication.
Consult your Abralife application for detailed information and instructions to facilitate a system reset or administration of connected sensors.
In case of emergency or power outage, the water supply may be OPENED or CLOSED using the manual override on the valve.
- Open the cover marked "MANUAL OPEN / CLOSE" on the top of the actuator.
- Use a flat or Philips (PH1) type screwdriver, then 1) PUSH DOWN and TURN the screw under the cover. The black line in the sight glass on the ball valve actuator indicates the position of the valve.
NOTE: If leakage has been detected before the power failure, the alarm will resume when the power returns.
ATTENTION! When manually overriding the valve to the CLOSED position, perform a functional test to ensure that the water supply is correctly shut off. When restarting Linkbox+ (e.g., after a power cut) or reconnecting the valve actuator (e.g., after disconnection during renovation) following manual override; run the valve to the OPEN or CLOSED position by pressing the button on the Linkbox+ or through the Abralife app.
Press and hold the RESET button on the back of the Abra Linkbox+ for > 10 seconds to initiate a hard reset. A hard reset will delete all settings, devices and preferences.
Other than keeping the sensors free from dust and dirt and changing the wireless sensor batteries when prompted, the Waterguard+ system doesn't require any maintenance. However, a functional system test must be done at least twice per year to ensure the system works as intended.
Automatic valve exercise
If the valve has not been operated (OPENED or CLOSED) within the last 7 days, the system will automatically exercise the valve by performing a complete OPEN - CLOSED - OPEN cycle.
During operation, the valve unit characteristics are monitored to validate that the valve and valve actuator are working as intended.
System software updates
The system (Linkbox+ and connected wireless sensors) will be automatically updated to the latest software, assuming the Linkbox+ is connected to the Abra Cloud Connection (via WIFI, Ethernet or 4G/5G).
Change of Watersensor+battery
The CR2477 coin cell battery provided with the Watersensor+ has a lifetime of >5 years. Batteries should, however, be replaced after a maximum of 5 years. This ensures that the wireless signal range can be guaranteed to meet the minimum distance provided in the product specification.
Sound, light and mobile application notifications will be provided to the user(s) if the battery level is below the recommended limit. Audible and visual signals are provided on both the Watersensor+ and the Linkbox+.
Battery exchange procedure
- Remove the battery cover by turning in the counter-clockwise direction (CCW).
- Remove the battery and insert a new CR2477 coin cell battery.
- Re-install the battery cover. The status light will turn green for 1 second while at the same time providing a single beep.
- The sensor will initiate a test alarm. Silence the alarm by pressing the sensor button once (1x).
- IMPORTANT: Always test the sensor after battery exchange following the functional test instructions
- Place the sensor back into the desired location.
Reverse the steps to remove the battery (4 to 1)
A complete user manual for the wireless sensors is available here.